Monday, September 6, 2010

Fun with Purse frames

After loving how my experiments with using purse frames went a few weeks ago, I really wanted to track down some more frames at a better price than the ones I found at Joann's.  Lo and behold I was able to find a shop on etsy from 3dpatternpaper that sells all kinds of shapes and sizes of purse frames at a really really decent price too (shipping was a little high, as they came from China, but even after figuring in shipping to the per frame cost was still very reasonable.)


I whipped up this little number just wanting to experiment with a good shape for the frame, and I couldn't be happier!  The frame is 7 inches long and the bottom measures appx 8.5 inches.  The perfect little clutch to fit cell phone, keys, lip gloss, money and ID (I've tried, and its fits great!)  I'm loving this fabric and and can't wait for an outfit to take this out on the town!

On a different subject, last week an acquaintance of mine asked if I would be interested in donating some items for a breast cancer luncheon she was hosting.  Of course I said yes, and she told me that the only requirements were that whatever I made was pink.  We decided on a table runner and placemat set, but after playing around with these purse frames, I decided to throw together 2 pink patchwork clutches.





I used the 7 inch purse frame for the larger clutch, so the dimensions are similar to the blue/black fabric print clutch, and the smaller frame is 5 inches, and the bottom measures appx 6.5 inches. 


While on my weekly trip to Joann's (sad, I know) I came across this pink ribbon fabric, and thought how perfect for the linings!  So both clutches are lined with the pink ribbon fabric.

As for the table runner, I dug into my scrap bin of pinks and started cutting strips of different widths to make a bunch of foundation pieced string blocks to string together into a table runner.



Theres certainly more where that came from, but I was getting antsy doing all that cutting...I wanted to sew!



Heres the beginnings up on my design wall...I'm diggin it! 

More to come soon, Happy Labor Day!!


15 comments:

  1. You're diggin' the spiderwebs (me, too, actually) and I'm diggin' the purses !

    Very generous, Jessica.....what a blessing you are to others, including me !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finishes--these projects are so nice! People will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute clutches! i like the pink ribbon fabric inside the pink ones - nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love these purses!!! great block too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purses looks fabulous and the pinks in the block are really fun! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those purses are just so cute! The pink string blocks are looking great too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the purses. The table runner looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the purses and the runner. WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love that black and white purse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great purses. Those purse frames look difficult to deal with. Your string blocks are looking good. I am sure the purses will be well received by their new owners. Great touch lining with the pink ribbon fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super purses! You could have one for every outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those purses are wonderful! When I get a free moment in a year or two, I want to try one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those string blocks and the purses are pretty cute, too!

    ReplyDelete