Thursday, December 23, 2010

12 Days of Christmas


I stumbled upon a charm Pack of Kate Spain's 12 Days of Christmas for Moda I must have bought a while back and forgot about, and decided that I needed to whip up one more Christmas goodie!

This came together quite quickly, with the table runner top only taking a few hours one evening early this week, and finishing up the backing, quilting and binding this evening after work.  I think it took me longer to deicide on how I wanted to lay out the squares than to actually sew them together!


I settled on a nice simple layout of 10 rows of 3 squares with 1 inch sashing in between each block.  The finished runner measures 55 inches long x 17 1/2 inches wide.


Here it is in all its glory!  This may actually be one of my favorite holiday creations this year.  As for the back, I pieced together two rows of the remaining squares I had left over and pieced them together with some Kona white solid, nice clean and simple. 


I really debated on how to quilt this, I was going back and forth between straight line quilting along the outside of the seams, trying out some "holidayish" free motion quilting, or going with my favorite, stippling.  As you can see what won out.  I didnt want to take a chance ruining it some bad free motion quilting and I thought because the design was so simple, stippling would be in order. 


I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and Merry Christmas!  See you with some non-Christmas-y projects next week!

3 comments:

  1. Jessica, that turned out so pretty ! The shot of it actually on the table is just beautiful.

    You're going to love it when you get your decorations out next year and see it, after forgetting all about making it this year.
    Merry, wonderful Christmas to you...so glad I 'met' you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful runner! I don't own any 12 Days but everytime I see a finished project I think I need some. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really debated on how to quilt this, I was going back and forth between straight line quilting along the outside of the seams, trying out some "holidayish" free motion quilting, or going with my favorite, stippling. stretchable sofa covers online , velvet bed sheets online in pakistan As you can see what won out. I didnt want to take a chance ruining it some bad free motion quilting and I thought because the design was so simple, stippling would be in order.

    ReplyDelete