Tuesday, December 28, 2010

iPad Cover



Hubby got an iPad for Christmas this year and asked if I'd make him a soft case to keep it in around the house, as it will be mostly used for "goofing" off with, and not really taken out and about.  I'm really trying to use up fabric from my stash, as I'm just plain getting tired of looking at the same stuff, but am really trying to hold off buying new until I use some of what I have already...


I found this blue plaid woven material and the lining is flannel.  About as masculine as I could muster with what I had on hand!  I loosly followed the pattern from the Moda Bake Shop I used to make my Nook cover way back when and doctored it to the dimensions of the iPad.


Because of an cutting error it wasnt quite as long as I'd planned on, so I added a little velcro to help keep it closed, but aside from that blip, this came together quite nicely and quickly!


I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and has a fantastic New Year.  I really appreciate all the comments and suggestions from everyone who stops by to see what I am up to...I started this blog earlier this year with the intention of having a place to document my quilting and sewing progress, and sometimes still can't believe that there are wonderfully talented quilters and sewers that take time out of their busy lives to see what I have created.  So again, I just want to say thanks.  I have learned so much from all my blogging "friends" and can't wait to see what 2011 has in store!

Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Ho curiosato un po' il tuo blog....
    Sai fare un sacco do cose...Bravissima!!!
    Più di tutto mi è piaciuto tanto il Mini quilt
    Ciao ciao dall'Italia

    ReplyDelete