Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mini Quilt


This is my first attempt at a doll quilt size quilt, and I must say it was really fun trying out some different techniques I had seen on a much smaller scale.


This doll quilt was made using a tutorial from Ryan at I'm Just A Guy Who Quilts.  I had seen a picture of this pattern as a pillow on Flickr, and have had it in the back of my mind as an "I'd like to try that someday" project.  I am so so happy with the outcome and it came together quite quickly and easily. 


I am participating in the My Favorite Little Quilt Swap through Flickr, and the requirements are that you make a doll quilt that you like, and then vote on the other quilts completed.  The creator of the quilt that receives the most votes gets their first choice quilt and so on and so forth.  Such a neat idea!  This is the second round of the swap and the first time I'm submitting a quilt.   


This quilt measures approximately 18" square and was made using mostly all scraps in different hues of blues, greens and yellows. 


As for the backing, I pieced together a few strips of fabric in complimentary colors to the colors on the front of the quilt, and I think it shows of the quilting nicely.


Hopefully some of the other swappers like my mini quilt as much as I do!  I have irrational fears of feeling like the last kid picked in dodge ball if no one likes it...

I'll be posting a review of my Accuquilt Go! soon, I've tried it out once, and had less than stellar results...I also realized that my machine did not come with the instruction manual and fabric pick it was supposed to, so I'm going to exchange it for one that all the pieces, and give it another go before giving up... stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. That's a great little quilt, and I like the back as well as the front........it REALLY shows off the quilting, and you KNOW I'm all about THAT !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one beautiful little quilt! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this one in the swap! Beautiful colours x

    ReplyDelete