Sunday, April 3, 2011

shop hop loot

shop hop loot

Yesterday, a few gals from our local MQG went on a little shop hop to three local quilt shops in the Pittsburgh area...I'd say it was a success!!  Our first stop was the Quilters Corner in the little town of Finleyville, PA.  Now,  not only had I never been to Finleyville or this shop before, I'd never even heard of Finleyville before!  I must say, walking into the fabric shop was like walking into fabric heaven.  I think I may have heard the fabric angels singing when I walked in the door!  I seriously could have spent hours in this shop alone.  

Cosmo bag fabric choices

They had Amy Butler's Style Stitches on display, you know that book that I had to have...and has been sitting on my shelf for about 2 months now with nothing made out of it?  Yeah that'd be the one.  They had many of the bags out of the book on display in the shop, I wish I had thought to take some pictures, but I didn't.  Seeing all those lovelies on display was just the motivation to get cracking on bag making!!  They look even better in person than in the book.  I picked up some City Blooms by Kitty Yoshida and two Riley Blake prints (purple bead chain and Riley Blake Victoria in fushcia) to use for the cosmo bag, and itching to get sewing with them.

Dots on the brain

I had dots on the brain yesterday!  There is something about polka dots that just draws me in...no plans in the immediate future for these, but they are nice additions to my stash.   The two dots on the left were Hello Betty  by Chloe's Closet for Moda, and were 25% off!  They literally jumped into my hands! The red dots are more Riley Blake, Rainy days and Mondays, I believe; some Mary Engelbreit for Moda (Attitude Girls I believe) green dots and some Joel Dewberry Modern Meadow aqua dots.

Amy Butler finds

Our second shop was Quilters Depot, and was more along the lines of a quick stop on the way to our third shop, the quilt company, which yielded many fabulous finds, including these Amy Butler Daisy Chain prints and a Love print!  Get this, we found the Love print in the back room and was marked 50% off!  Couldn't pass that up.  

KJR!

We also found this Katie Jump Rope print in that sale back room too!  Cindy and I were on the same page all day long and literally lunged for the bolt when we saw it!!

yummy greys

I am really digging light grays right now, so these were nice finds that will work well in some upcoming projects.

pretty

A few more that I just couldn't resist.  I could have bought yardage of the entire Ty Pennington line that they had at our first stop, but resisted with only this little fat quarter.  The blue is from Monaco by Dena for Freespirit, so fresh and spring-y, couldn't resist.  

I consider yesterday to be an uber-successful and super fun fabric shopping trip.  Cindy, Corley, Mary, Priscilla and Thea, I had a blast!!


6 comments:

  1. I don't suppose I could convince you to just send me your loot and the bill?

    :) Glad you had fun and scored such prettyies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really great. I love light gray too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, you got some great stuff! I am glad you're going to start sewing that Cosmo Bag, those are some good fabrics for it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the fabrics you picked! I too have those gray pieces, so it looks like we're collecting the same stuff. Fun!

    ReplyDelete