Saturday, December 31, 2011

one last quilty finish of 2011

deep deep sea baby quilt

Bertha really earned her keep yesterday, as we put together a quilt back, and then quilted and bound this baby quilt, all in an effort to get this guy finished before 2012.  I am so happy with this baby quilt, I just love the colors, and squares on point really have a special place in my quilty heart.  I'm not sure what it is, but pairing them with borders and lattice?  Me likey.  

deep deep sea baby quilt

I thought for one hot second about pebble quilting this little guy, to look like bubbles, in sticking with the underwater theme, but A.) I wanted this done yesterday, and B.) I thought maybe something I'm more comfortable with, like a nice stipple would be best for Bertha's maiden quilting voyage. 

deep deep sea baby quilt

The quilt back is pretty simple, when I purchased the Deep Deep Sea fabric bundle for the majority of the fabrics in this quilt, one of the prints was this half yard cut of a panel.  I typically don't buy panels, but it came in the bundle, so I was planning on just cutting into it, and figuring at least the colors would go together, but then I thought how perfect would it be to piece it into the quilt back and show off the entire print.  I'm so happy I did, I think it works perfectly paired with the Deep Blue Kona.

deep deep sea baby quilt

deep deep sea baby quilt

Quilt Stats:
Name:  Deep Deep Sea Lattice
Size:  42" square  
Fabrics:  Deep Deep Sea by Studio E and various accompanying fabrics from my stash, Kona White for sashing and Kona    
                Deep Blue for the lattice
Binding:  Denyse Schmidt's Picnics and Fairgrounds in Blue and Green dots, 100% machine attached 
Quilting:  All over meandering stipple, white Gutterman thread done by me

Well, this really is all I've got for 2011!  See everyone in the new year!

11 comments:

  1. Jess, it's adorable!! I love that layout, the on point blocks. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is lovely and the backing fabric is so cute!

    I wish you all the best for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fab job Jess, love the backing and the quilting shows up beautifully, the stipple totally fits with your theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous quilt! And the back panel is a perfect finish! Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is great. I like the way it really showcases the fabric. It really stands out. Great use of the panel too. I have just bought one to use in the same way. I think you have inspired me to use some of my fabric packs. Thank you!
    And Happy New Year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me likey too, Jess! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute!!!!!
    Awesome stippling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! The narrow strips for the lattice are so cool. Love the back too -- I could see where you considered bubble quilting, but that would have taken years on a quilt this size!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous Jessica! Love that you used the panel on the back and such a perfect binding :)

    ReplyDelete