Wednesday, February 8, 2012

WIP Wednesday {2.9.2012}

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

This week seems to have completely flown by without much to show for it.  The hubs and I took a weekend trip to visit out of town friends which was a blast, but has left me feeling sort of in catch up mode since then.  Here's what I have managed to accomplish down in the sewing room this weekend:

Sparkle Punch Mini Quilt

FLiQS


FLiQS

The long car ride led to lots of time spent hand quilting this little guy.  Its about 3/4 of the way quilted, so I'm thinking after one more Big Bang Theory marathon it should be completed!

Swoon 


I have the pieces cut for my last three swoon blocks and the half square triangles pieced.  After seeing all the completed Swoons popping up in the group pool, I'm itching to get mine pieced!

Hopefully this week will leave me a little more sewing time, however I'm super pumped for my quilt shop hop with Leona on Saturday!

Be sure to head on over to Freshly Pieced and add your WIP!


23 comments:

  1. Your stars are looking mighty nice!! Your hand-quilting is so evenly sizes and steady, wow! Can't wait to see your last few Swoons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow - loving your stars! That hand stitching just makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Sparkle Punch is ohmygoshawesome! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hand stitching, it really makes the stars pop. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your hand quilting so so great. Love how you have outlined the stars. Good luck with Swoon. It certainly is a time suck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the mini Sparkle Punch you're doing. :D Is that perle cotton thread?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm about to hand-quilt a mini quilt, and your stars have really been inspiring me! They look fab and I love how all the colours work together between the fabric and the perle cotton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your mini - the colors, the stitching - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The handstitching is perfect for that stars quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hand quilting looks amazing. I haven't been brave enough to try any hand quilting yet myself but I have made up my mind that it will happen in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Sparkle Punch Quilt is A-Mazing! The hand quilting was the perfect choice! I "heart" it!!!!! Good luck finishing up your "Swoon" I'm off to complete one more block too. :) Are you going to hand quilt that one too?

    ReplyDelete
  11. btw...I totally "pinned" your sparkle punch...seriously in love right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you quilted this! It really makes the stars pop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hand quilting really sets off those sparkles - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hand quilting is awesome! :D :D I love the colors! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent Sparkle Punch! I think I need to take some tips from you for hand stitching. Yours is beautiful! And I've loved your Swoon blocks so far, and those last three look very promising as well. Can't wait to see them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job with that hand quilting, I couldn't do that in the car without feeling gloriously sick o.O

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have seen a lot of sparkle the past week...and this is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such pretty colors. The quilting is great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. loving the sparkle jess - and impressed you can work in the car - bleugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty! I can't believe you can quilt in the car. I get sick trying to work the gps.

    ReplyDelete
  21. that sparkle punch is stunning! And I agree that the hand stitching is a great touch! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your choice of fabrics! beautiful stitching too

    ReplyDelete
  23. your hand stitching is so beautiful. that is a stunning combo of fabrics

    ReplyDelete