Friday, January 10, 2014

looking back, looking forward

Happy 2014!  I realize I may be a ten day(s) late with this post, but better late than never, right?  I wanted to take a few minutes (and words with pretty pictures) to sum up 2013 before jumping head first into 2014, and what better way than with a photo collage of a few of my favorites from the past year.



I definitely slowed my pace this past year, both in blogging, and in churning out finishes, but it seemed to be a pace that was a little more comfortable, and allowed for a little more "real life," and things that weren't quilts or made of fabric...and who am I kidding, allowed for my tired pregnant self to do a lot more vegging on the couch, as I realized I was pregnant for all but 3 months of 2013.

I did finish a few full size quilts, published two patterns (Lucky Square and Ring Toss), churned out a few tutorials and made a whole slew of baby quilts for both my little lady and various friends and family who have also recently had babies, and how could I forget, had a quilt in a book!



On a personal note, 2013 was consumed with this little lady.  From watching her grow and relating her size to various fruits and vegetables as the weeks ticked by, to her arrival in October, it's been all about Nora.  She is the most precious little girl who is loved more than she will ever know.  She's the apple of mommy's eye and already has daddy wrapped around her little finger, and we wouldn't have it any other way.  We already can't believe how big she has gotten, and see changes in her every day.  We love to hear her "talk," and her smile just lights up the room (pause, while I wipe my tears!).  It's amazing to think of where we were last year at this time, not pregnant yet, and not convinced we would ever have a baby, to now, where it feels like she's been part of our lives forever.

As for 2014, it starts with heading back to work in a little over a week.  My sewing time will be extremely limited so I'm being super picky about what I want to work on.  There's no time for projects that I feel just so-so about!  My  brother has actually asked for a quilt, so I'm really excited to dig into that project, and am beginning to look around for "manly" quilt inspiration.  I'm thinking of a plus quilt possibly, as I just saw Brooke's quilt for her brother, and love it to pieces!

I am very excited for what 2014 has in store for us, and if nothing else will share lots of pictures of our gal as she continues to grow entirely fast!  What are your stitchy plans for 2014??





11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sweet little baby! She's beautiful! It's amazing how one little person can take over your life. Good luck with fitting more sewing in this year, but most importantly enjoy those baby cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Nora is your biggest accomplishment!. She is beautiful. Enjoy every minute because one day she will be a 15-year-old or 16-year-old (like mine)!!! They are good girls, but I am definitely not the center of their universe like I once was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you tried to share a photo from your Flickr account, but it says that I can't see it !

    But I love the photo of Nora. It really puts things into perspective when you talk about last year not even knowing if you'd ever have a child ! One year can change EVERYTHING ! Amazing.

    Enjoy whatever you do with THIS year, and be blessed !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, thanks for the shout out, lady! Your little girl is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet Nora is! Totally worth minimal sewing time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's adorable. Having fun with her is the best thing you can do!!

    ReplyDelete

  7. did you intend for your pictures to be marked private? instead of the pictures being visable, in their spot is this message: ;-( bummer.......

    This photo is private.


    Oops! You don't have permission to view this photo.

    Here's a link back to your home page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, what a cutie little Nora is. Babies are the best, they totally change your life and your family dynamic.We had big changes last year too with our little Rachel arriving this time last year. I'm hoping to be a bit more productive this year (although being back to work is making that challenging, I'm so tired in the evenings!) and to get back to reading blogs and chatting with my friends about sewing again. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't see your quilt pictures because the message said I don't have permission, but thanks for letting me see your cute little Nora. Love her name too. I know what you mean about losing months last year, due to being pregnant. I had medical problems, including breast cancer, and it's amazing to realize, in hindsight, how much time that steals from your life. I fully intend for 2014 to be better, and I'm chomping at the bit to dig into sewing again. Hope your return to work goes smoothly. Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are my aspiration , I own few blogs and rarely run out from to post : (.
    Hey great, this has been an awesome help to me, I have had some really strange annoyances in my personal life recently and it is funny how certain things can really pick you back up or make you look differently on the horrible things and get working on the other things in life. Anyway thank you a lot.
    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete