Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Whale of a Tale baby quilt top




DSC_1000

This past weekend I had an itch to make a quilt.  It's been entirely too long, and with two friends just having babies in the past month, it was good timing!  I wanted something simple that I could put together in one or two naptimes, so I took to pinterest for inspiration, and came across this quilt and knew it was just perfect.  I for one believe you can never have too much chevron or herringbone in  your life so  this quilt fit the bill.

DSC_1006

I did a little stash shopping, and dug out this Ann Kelle whale print, one of my favorite kiddie prints.  I picked out a few other blues, greens and yellows that coordinated, and got to cutting!

DSC_0999

A naptime and a half later this quilt top was born.  I just love it to pieces, and if I ever have a boy myself, I think this is the inspiration for his one day nursery.  So bright and bold, and FUN!

DSC_1007

DSC_1002

I'm hoping to get this basted and quilted this weekend, so it can be off to its new home for lots of baby snuggles!



4 comments:

  1. It is such a beautiful quilt. The colors and design are perfect for a baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this, and it will last well beyond babyhood with these colours too. x

    ReplyDelete